Saturday, February 7, 2009

Vintage knees

What's the rocket science behind the sacred baseball guideline that dictates: "the fattest and chubby kid among your group of friends will always be catching"?

During my lifetime, catchers have never been among my favorite players; Gary Carter, Mickey Tettleton don't make the cut and not even older legends like Bench, Fisk and Munson. They all have my respect as a baseball enthusiast but that's about it. 

So far, the only one I collect from time to time is Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez of whom I even own 2 PSA graded RC bought on fleabay. But I'm already starting to cheer for Mauer, Saltalamacchia and McCann if they keep representing because you do have to be a tough guy to sit behind the plate for so long. It took me a long time but after washing my dog on my knees for 12 minutes, I love first base more than ever. 

Anyway, here are some pics from my PC and according to my Fisk Topps 1973, his nickname is "Pudge" which I thought was a registered trademark for I-Rod


 

No comments:

Post a Comment